HALL OF FAME (HOF)
The N.P.H.A. saw it's first entry in 1965. From 1965 to 1971 one exceptional Plott was entered each year.
Starting in 1972 two Plotts were entered into the Hall of Fame each year, one being deceased for over three years and the other being deceased for less than three years. Two Plotts were entered each year thru 1976.
In 1977 the format was changed to allow four Plotts per year to be entered. This included 1 big game dog deceased over three years, 1 big game dog deceased under three years, 1 coon dog deceased over three years and 1 coon dog deceased under three years. This format was followed thru the year 1990.
In 1991 the format was changed again, this time to allow 1 male big game dog, 1 female big game dog, 1 male coon dog and 1 female coon dog.
In 2001 it was voted that any dog who won a U.K.C. World Championship Title Past & Future would automatically be inducted into the Hall of Fame (they would not have to be deceased). These are in addition to the Male & Female Coon Dogs and the Male & Female Big Game Dogs.
Each year the N.P.H.A. takes nominations for inductee's into the Hall of Fame. These nominations are first voted on by the Officers & Directors then by the membership.
You can make your nomination thru any Officer/Director, or Columists.
TO BE ELIGIBLE :
1. A DOG MUST BE DECEASED FOR A MINIMUM OF ONE (1) YEAR.
2. THE OWNER/ CO-OWNERS MUST HAVE BEEN MEMBERS OF THE N.P.H.A. FOR THREE (3) CONSECUTIVE YEARS.
ISAIAH KIDD AWARD
- THE OWNER AND HANDLER MUST BE A MEMBER OF N.P.H.A.
- THE AWARD IS GIVEN TO THE DOG WITH THE MOST CAST WINS WITH PLUS POINTS FOR ALL THREE (3) NIGHTS OF PLOTT DAYS.
- IF THERE IS A TIE, REFER TO THE TIE BREAKER RULES ON THE BACK OF THE U.K.C. SCORECARD.
- THE DOG MUST HUNT ALL THREE (3) NIGHTS OR IF THE DOG SCRATCHES, WITHDRAWS, OR DOES NOT HUNT ANY OF THE THREE (3) NIGHTS THE DOG WILL TAKE 400 MINUS POINTS.